TECHNOLOGY is a blanket term for Mazda's innovative new-generation
technologies that are being developed under the company's long-term
vision for technology development, Sustainable Zoom-Zoom.|
|A new-generation, highly-efficient, direct-injection
gasoline engine that achieves the world's highest gasoline engine
compression ration of 14.0:1.|
- The world's first gasoline engine for mass production vehicles to achieve a high compression ration of 14.0:1.
- Significantly improved engine efficiency thanks to the high compression combustion, resulting in 15 percent increase in fuel efficiency and torque.
- Improved everyday driving thanks to increased torque at low- to mid-engine speeds.
- A 4-2-1 exhaust system, cavity pistons, multiple injectors and other innovations enable the high compression ratio.
A new-generation manual transmission with a light shift feel, compact size and significantly reduced weight.
- A light and crisp feel, like that of a sports car.
- Compact size and reduced weight.
A new-generation, highly-efficient automatic transmission that achieves excellent torque transfer efficiency through a wider lock-up range and features the best attributes of all transmission types.
- Combines all the advantages of conventional automatic transmissions, continuously variable transmissions, and dual clutch transmissions.
- A dramatically widened lock-up range improves torque transfer efficiency and realizes a direct driving feel that is equivalent to a manual transmission.
- A 4 to 7 percent improvement in fuel economy compared to the current transmission.
Excellent rigidity supporting Mazda's fun-to-drive feel, with a lightweight body to achieve outstanding crash safety performance.
- High rigidity and lightness (8 percent lighter, 30 percent more rigid).
- Crash safety performance that meets the top criteria for crash safety assessments in all markets (US-NCAP, Euro-NCAP, IIHS, JNCAP, etc).
In pursuit of the 'oneness between car and driver' achieved in the MX-5, this lightweight chassis has improved comfort and security, while at the same time delivering Mazda's hallmark fun-to-drive feel.
- Suspension and steering functions have been thoroughly revised to achieve the 'driving pleasure of oneness between car and driver'.
- Driving quality has been raised to new levels through improvements to comfort and security.
- Newly-developed front and rear suspension systems and electric power steering. Functional improvements are combined with reduced weight. The entire chassis is 14%* lighter than the previous model.
*Figures are for a CD-segment car (Mazda6 class)